Monday, March 7, 2016

DREAM

Now, to get off politics  for a while, even though that can be a little difficult when we're being so bombarded every day.  Last night I had a sort of dream - the kind of dream that makes people wonder, sometimes, whether or not I'm really grounded here on earth.  In the dream, I was a child in my early teens, and somehow started to talk to someone about some of the things that I think about.  It turned out that he taught a sort of class on meditation, and said I could participate if I chose.  Of course I did, so I went with him to the class.  The room was a soft yellow.  There were big pillows on the floor, and two other adults were sitting on them, so I sat down.  There was soft Middle Eastern music and everyone had a cup of tiny colored seeds in front of them, He began a soft meditation with the Indian music in the background.  He had us swirl the seeds around and focus on the patterns that had formed.  The others seemed to go into the meditation deeply, and seemed to be enthralled with what they were doing.  I wanted to be able do that so much, but my logical brain kept saying it was nothing but colored seeds in a cup.  But I wouldn't give up.  I kept staring at the seeds as I heard the music and the soft voice of the man leading the meditation, and gradually my mind began to lose that logical strait-jacket.  I let myself just open up and feel, and as I did, the reality of the seeds began to fade.  The seeds became a portal through which I could perceive the invisible world that lies beyond what we commonly define as "reality".  Everything slowly became even more real and complete.  Everything seemed to expand to dimensions beyond the three that compose our reality that is limited by our logical mind. It was deeeper than anything I had experienced. I wanted to go in more and more deeply, but the logical prt of me kept pulling me back.  It told me that what I was feeling was completely imaginary - that reality was limited to what we could touch or taste or hear or feel.  What I was able to pull out and retain was that those seeds contained the essence of everything that is - that they were all part of the One - just as each and every one of us is part of the One. I so wanted to be able to stay in that awareness with all that is.  It was so warm, so wonderful, so fulfilling, so satisfying to be there.  I wanted to stay, and go further, to absorb more, but I was afraid I would not be able to come back and that many people would be deeply hurt.  They would continue to be part of my world.  I would still be there and be a part of each and every one of them, but they would not be able to maintain their awareness of me.  It was such a beautiful dream, but I could never hurt others like that.  Maybe it will happen when all of humanity, evolves to the same level.  I guess maybe now you can send in the men in white coats.

1 comment: